2. The kinds of personal information we collect and hold
The kinds of personal information we collect and hold may include your name, address, date of birth, employment details, telephone or mobile number and other contact information.
3. How we collect and hold information
Generally, we collect personal information directly from you, when you contact or deal with us. We also collect personal information from third parties, for example: finance or insurance companies providing related service to you. We protect this information in a number of ways. It is kept in secure locations, and access to it is restricted to those who have the appropriate authorisation under our policy. Where we share the information with third parties we ensure they also have appropriate policies and security in place. When the information is no longer required, it is de-identified, deleted, or securely destroyed.
4. How we use and disclose personal information
We collect and use your personal information for a number of reasons, including:
- To enable us to properly respond to your request about purchasing a vehicle, parts, service or repair, finance or insurance.
- To provide you with information about products we offer.
- To enable us to arrange things for you, like vehicle registration, finance or insurance.
- To contact you in the event of a vehicle recall or program, or any warranty matters.
- To maintain records for accounting, administration and legal requirements.
- To provide your details to the vehicle manufacturer for warranty purposes or to conduct customer satisfaction surveys.
- For other purposes related to your dealing with us
- To consider your application for a position of employment.
- To comply with a law or regulation.
5. How you may access your personal information
You may access your personal information by contacting us. You can contact the Kevin Dennis staff member you usually deal with, or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org to make this request. We will then arrange a convenient time with you, and a means for you to have access. If at any time you believe that any of your personal information which we hold is incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com, and advise us of the correct information, and we will amend our records.
6. Privacy Complaint
If you have a complaint about the way we hold or use your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your concern and how you would like your complaint resolved. We will investigate your complaint and respond to you with our findings and our proposed action, within 30 days. In the event you are dissatisfied with the outcome of the complaint of the investigation, you may refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC)
7. Transfer of your personal information overseas
Kevin Dennis Motors (Vic) Pty Ltd may disclose personal information (including credit information) to overseas recipients in order to provide their products and/or services, and for administration or other management purposes.
Our business is affiliated with other businesses located overseas, such as vehicle manufacturers and original equipment manufacturers. In the course of doing business with you, we are likely to disclose some of your personal information to overseas recipients. However, we will only do so where:
- It is necessary to complete the transaction we have entered into; and
- You have provided consent; or
- We believe on reasonable grounds that the overseas recipient is required to deal the your personal information by enforceable laws which are similar to the requirements under the APPs; or
- It is otherwise permitted by law. While it is not applicable to list every country in which such recipients may be located, recipients of such disclosures are likely to include countries where the parent company of our franchises exist, such as Japan, Germany and United States America.
We collect information from our website using “IP files”. When you visit this site our system will record your IP address (the address which identifies your computer or mobile device on the internet), the date and time of your visit, the site from which you linked to our site, the page viewed and any information downloaded. You cannot be identified from this information and it will only be used for the purpose of site analysis and to help offer improved online services.
9. Changes to our policy
Our Contact details are:
Kevin Dennis Motors (Vic) Pty Ltd.
268-272 Ballarat Rd, Braybrook, VIC 3019.
Phone : (03) 9292 9292
Email : email@example.com